Establish a Pre-Game Routine
Teams will require you to arrive at least one to two hours before puck-drop depending on your age level. This is how the build-up to the game goes for the start for youth level games:
1. Arrive: change into warm-ups for off-ice.
2. Free time: tape sticks, change blade, kick around soccer ball
3. Team meeting. The coach will go over the game plan, lines, etc.
4. Team stretch and off-ice warm-up
5. Get dressed
6. Coaches pre-game speech
7. Line up in tunnel or runway to rink
8. Anthems, Opening Face-off
As a CT Oiler it is your job to be prepared before the puck drops prior to each game this season. The more experienced you get and the faster you establish a pre-game routine the easier it will be to get in the zone for the game.
Ready, Set, Go!